Man Utd♦ Draw Rostov in Europa League🏆 Last 16
Manchester United have been drawn against Russian club Rostov in the last 16 of the Europa League.
Jose Mourinho’s men reached the knockout stage with a 4-0 aggregate victory over Saint-Etienne, having finished runners-up in their group, and they are the only Premier League club remaining in the competition after Tottenham were eliminated on Thursday.
Europa League last 16 draw in full:
🔰Celta Vigo vs Krasnodar
🔰APOEL vs Anderlecht
🔰Schalke vs Borussia Monchengladbach
🔰Lyon vs Roma
🔰Rostov vs Manchester United
🔰Olympiacos vs Besiktas
🔰Gent vs Genk
🔰Kobenhavn vs Ajax
Delta State Police have arrested a 43-year-old Ngozi Ojei and Ewere Samuel (20) for selling a two-week-old baby girl to a widow for N600,000.Samuel is the mother of the baby. Samuel gave birth to the baby girl while she was Ojei’s housemaid in Aba, Abia State.But because Samuel could not identify the person who impregnated her, she and Ojeiagreed to sell the baby to avoid keeping a bastard child. They sold the baby late January to a woman simply identified as awidow.Parading them alongside suspected armed robbers, kidnappers and traffickersat the command headquarters in Asaba yesterday, the Commissioner of Police, Zanna Ibrahim, said in November 2016, Ojei asked Loveth Ojie to help her get a housemaid before she brought Samuel.“In January 2017, the said Ngozi Ojie came to Ekwuoma (in Ika North East Local Government Area of Delta State) to see the mother of Ewere Samuel after which she took her to Aba.“The said Ewere Samuel delivered a babygirl and the suspect sold the child. The suspect confessed selling the baby for N600,000,” the commissioner explained.But Ojei said she and the mother of the baby girl got N250,000 each from the proceeds.While Ibrahim said investigation was ongoing, Ojei’s husband, Mr. Edwin Ojei (50), of No. 22, MCC Osisioma Ngwa, Abia State, who was paraded alongside his wife, said:“I only came home for burial when I was arrested.”
LAGOS— Despite the challenges arising from the N330 billion fine imposed on it by Nigerian Communications Commission, NCC, last year, MTN Group said, yesterday, it had so far injected over $16 billion in its operations in the country.Chairman/Chief Executive of MTN Group,Mr. Phuthuma Freedom Nhleko, disclosed this when he led a high level delegation to NCC headquarters in Abuja.Nhleko, who was received by the Executive Vice Chairman, EVC, of the commission, Prof Umar Danbatta, and his team, said the group had faith in Nigeria and would be willing to invest more in the sector in the years tocome.“We had challenges in the past, during the period of the fine, and weare grateful for the role the commission played towards an amicable resolution,” he said.Nhleko, whose visit to the NCC management was a valedictory one as he steps down as Group Chairman in March, said: “We have a very long way to go and so ask for spectrum which is the oxygen and life blood to navigate this long and tedious investment journey. Without spectrum, the sector will suffocate.”Nhleko specifically solicited more spectrum allocation and a release of the one that belonged to Visafone, which equityshares MTN acquired in 2015.In his response, Prof. Danbatta said: “I like to state that our word is ourcovenant. When we take decisions, we are concerned about the stability of the industry and there is no way we can guarantee it without considering the dominant status of MTN and its obligations.“If the dominant status isbecoming stringent, we are open to engagement,we will be guided by what is happening in the market to ensure the growth and developmentof the sector.“The sector has contributed very well to the National Gross Domestic Product, GDP, and has shown remarkable resilience in this recession.”Danbatta said the NCC made a case for relaxingfiscal policies towards the sector to the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, adding that the CBN governor was favorably disposed to request and further engagement, especially towards majorplayers who desired to import equipment to aid deployment of broadband infrastructureservices and others.
A group, Nigerian Project for Human Development, NPHD, has joined others voices calling for the termination of popular Reality Show, Big Brother Naija.The group has petitioned the National Broadcasting Commission, NBC, the Presidency and the Nigerian public that the airing Big brother Naija be stopped.Recall that a Lagos lawmaker, Segun Olulade yesterday advised the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, on the negative implications of Big Brother Naija on the nation’s cultureand youths.But in a statement by its coordinator, Dr. Mojisola Araba, NPHD claimed that the petition to cancel Big Brother Naija had gathered 10,000 signatures.According to the group, the “Petition has collected 10,000 signatures from concerned Nigerians to cancel the Reality TV Show ‘Big Brother Naija.’”It added, “The on-going TV Reality show, Big Brother Nigeria is indeed a corruption of TV Reality shows.“The Nigerian public is complaining about the moral perversity in the House of the Big Brother Nigeria.“In one episode last two weeks or so, the inmates were shown openly kissing and caressing one another. This is a celebration of obscenity, eroticism and idleness.“More importantly, it is a big mockery of Nigerian culture and tradition. Since the inmates are Nigerians, they should have been projecting the Nigerian cultural heritage. But instead of doing that, they are bastardizing it.“When Endernol, the Dutch, first conceivedthe idea of BBA in 1997, open kissing and caressing by the inmates and celebration of obscenity were never considered by him.“Even the TV Reality shows in other countries do not contain the obscenity we are watching in the on-going Big Brother Nigeria. There is a great danger in importing the destructive foreign lifestyle to Nigeria.“Explicit sexual overtures which appeal to the prurient interest in sex, damages a country’s moral ecology in an analogous way in which oil pollutant damages a country’s ecology.“The biggest tragedy of the on-going Big Brother Nigeria is that our children also glued to the TV screen watching it. Children are our future.“Therefore we should protect them from lewd exposure, which might prevent their growth into free, independent and well-developed citizens.“The Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC) must live up to its bidding as a bodycharged with controlling, monitoring, regulating the electronic media and monitoring of satellite transmission in Nigeria. Our TV stations cannot become dumping grounds for all sorts of immoral programs.“NBC must stop the airing of Big Brother Nigeria now.”
Abuja – ECOWAS says it is developing an information technology “innovation hubs” in member states to address unemployment in the region.ECOWAS Commissioner for Telecommunications and Information Technologies, Dr Isaias Barreto da Rosa, disclosed this in Abuja on Friday.He said that the regional bloc was concerned withdeveloping projects and initiatives that “touch thelives of its citizens”.‘’We have this project which is the innovation hub; we have many talented young people in West Africa and our unemployment rate is very high.“If we manage to train some of them in entrepreneurship, this can be of assistance so that they can start their small ICT-based business.“We do believe that our young people can develop solutions and products, put them online and sell to a market of not just 300 million people but seven billion people.“That is why we have this youth entrepreneurship initiative to promote the establishment of the youth innovation hubs all over our 50-member-states so that we can assist young people with their business ideas, especially ICT-based business ideas.”The ECOWAS commissioner said that the project launched in 2016 was to complement existing youth initiative programmes in member states.He said that the commission was also working with governments of memberstates to promote the establishment of these hubs.“We are working with governments to promotethe establishment of these hubs through equipment, training, organisation and competition.“We will select those young people who have innovative ideas and givethem training; and try to sponsor some activities they intend to implementso they can move ahead with their ideas,” he said.According to him, the commission will work with the private and development partners to facilitate the process.
ILORIN-Federal government on Thursday said it has concluded arrangements to ensure that every Nigerian owns house within the next three years by ensuring that it built 16-17 million units houses every year across the states of the federation for public and private workers . The Minister of State, Power, Works and Housing, Hon. Mustapha Baba Shehuri who made the disclosure in Ilorin, Kwara state capital said the project which will be achieved under a Public-Private Partnership arrangement has reached an advanced stage in terms of implementation. Hon Sheuri said this at the official commissioning of 250 housing estate units financed by the Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria(FMBN) and developed by Kam- Abioye Nigeria Limited located along Bala-Eiyenkorin road, Ilorin, the state capital. According to the minister,”The Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing will continue to strive at meeting the challenges of housing deficit in Nigeria,which has been put at 16-17million units.” “Indeed,the Ministry’s plan to build several housing units in every state of the federation for public and private workers every year,over the next three years,under a Public-Private Partnership arrangement has reached an advanced stage in terms of implementation”. He said this became necessary because, “Every government has the responsibility of addressing the welfare of its citizens in all possible ways.It is in this context that it has been a matter of priority for the President Muhamamdu Buhari led administration to provide affordable housing for the teeming Nigeria’s populace”. The Minister who said that, “National Housing models have been designed and approved for each six geo political zones of the country added that,”he design of the housing units is based on the cultural diversities and climatic conditions in the choice of the houses and in line with the present administration’s vision of standardizing building materials to boost local content by encouraging our artisans and craftsmen as well as the creation of employment”. While noting further that, “the 250 housing units being commissioned today are equipped with basic amenities required for a decent life”,the minister stressed that, ‘the developer has done a good job and it is my humble prayer that the beneficiaries will make good use of these facilities to ensure the accomplishment of the lofty objectives for which huge expenditures were incurred by the government’. Hon. Shehuri also pointed that, “the FMBN being the apex mortgage institution in Nigeria has a major role to play in the realization of the aspirations of many Nigerians towards owning a home through mortgage,stressing that,“I am please to re-affirm the resolve of this administration to recapitalize the bank to the tune of N500billion which will no doubt reposition the bank to adequately and efficiently carry out its mandate under the National Housing programme of this administration in order to make the lower class nigerians own houses easily. The Acting Managing Director/Chief executive of Federal Mortgage Bank,Mr Richard Esin in his address said at the occasion that ,the Federal government has approved loan of N5M and below by National Housing
[the_ad_placement id=”before-content”] Fund(NHF)for prospective house owners,”thus loan applicants will not be required to make down payment of 10% of the house price”anymore. He stressed,”in addition,the cost of mortgage perfection which usually adds another 10% to the upfront costs will be capitalised and repaid gradually over a period of five years.The effect of these concessions reduces initial ownership costs by at least 20%” According to him,”These steps are in pursuit of the business focus of the bank which is targeted at providing affordable mortgages to promote home ownership among the mass and middle income market segments in Nigeria” He added that,”The targetted average price per unit of house to meet the need of these customer markets is estimated at N5M per unit” “To achieve this price target,FMBN is collaborating with developers for large scale housing delivery at city/district scale based on the National Housing Model driven by the federal ministry of power,works and housing”
Wayne Rooney’s agent, Paul Stretford, is inChina to assess the options open to the Manchester United forward should he leave Old Trafford at the end of the season, a source has told ESPN FC.Stretford, who is also attending to business relating to his China-based multi-media company, Red Lantern, has spent time speaking to interested Chinese Super League clubs, with sources telling ESPN FC that “due diligence” is required before any decision is made over a possible movethere by Rooney.Sources continue to insist that any move before the Feb. 28 transfer deadline remains highly unlikely, with Rooney determined to ensure that any potential departure from United is the correct one for his family.The 31-year-old has yet to be told by United that he can leave Old Trafford, but having lost his regular starting position under Jose Mourinho, he is aware of interest from several overseas clubs.Sources told ESPN FC on Wednesday thatRooney wants to stay at United until the end of the seasonand help the club pursuesilverware on three fronts before considering a move to the CSL or Major League Soccer.A move to MLS is a possibility, although such a deal would prove difficult to negotiate if United demand a fee for a player whose £300,000-a-week contract runs until June 2018.CSL clubs areallowed only five foreign players on the books, with one of the five having to belong to a country from within the Asian Football Confederation, andjust three may play in any one game.Two top-flight clubs — Jiangsu Suning and Beijing Guoan — currently have an available space for an overseas player, butJiangsu boss Fabio Cannavaro has said his club does not plan to pursue a deal for Rooney, while the BBC reported that Beijing are not interested.
A 25-year-old truck driver, Rasaq Ibrahim, who allegedly hit and killed a year old baby strapped on her mother’sback, on Thursday got a N250,000 bail.Magistrate Y.R. Pinheiro,who granted the bail in Ikeja, ordered the accused to produce two sureties in like sum.She held that one of the sureties must be a landed property owner.Pinheiro adjourned the case to Feb. 27 for mention.Ibrahim, whose address is unknown, had pleaded not guilty to a three-count charge bordering on dangerous driving andmanslaughter.Earlier, the prosecutor, Insp. Mathew Akhaluode,told the court that the accused drove recklessly and knocked down the baby and her mother as she was hawking bread.Akhaluode said that the baby, Limota Kamarudeen, died instantly while her mother, Tawa, sustained injuries.The prosecutor said that Ibrahim, who drove a commercial Volvo truck, committed the offences on Feb. 5 on Ajibula Street, Ogunwemimo Junction, Mafoluku, Oshodi.“A team of traffic workers rushed to the scene and took the lifeless body of the baby and her injured mother to a hospital,’’ he said.According to him, the offences contravene Sections 19, 20 and 34 ofthe Road Traffic Law of Lagos State, 2011.
Hello readers,I have kidnap my self and until you pay 600billion naira before I release my self. should I wait for the money?